At Charminster Chiropractic Clinic near the centre of Bournemouth, our team of experienced chiropractors understand how pain can affect your enjoyment of your life, having successfully treated many thousands of patients over the past 30 years. We will help you to understand that back pain does not need to be a constant and recurrent major issue that affects your life, and with treatment your pain can be controlled to be a minor inconvenience that you do not fear. Together we can overcome your pain and your concerns.
How We Can Help You
You have probably visited this site because you experiencing back pain or is your problem neck pain and headaches?
At Charminster Chiropractic Clinic we understand just how much back, neck and joint pain can impact your life – from stopping you just moving around doing day to day activities to doing your job properly or you not being able to play sport or preventing you from enjoying playing with your children or grandchildren.
So many of our patients say that they wish they had come to see us sooner but they hadn’t realised how much relief they could get so quickly. They were often fearful that they would need lots of treatments and it would be too expensive.
We Treat More Than Just Back Pain
You might have other joint problems – shoulders, knees, hips, feet and ankles can all give you pain and interfere with your enjoyment of life and it doesn’t matter if you are young or old, you are prone to injure any joint at any time. We have the experience to help you to get rid of the pain in these joints but to also to show you how you can prevent the problem from returning.
Thanks for sorting out my neck. Great treatment keep up the good work.
Julie, Bournemouth, 56
What We Will Do For You
We will work with you as a team. We are here to listen to you and to find out why and how the pain you have is impacting your life and why it is important to you. We will never tell you to ‘Just give up doing what causes you pain’. We will work with you to try to enable you to be able to do what you want to do without ending up in pain every time.
We will never forget that you are an individual with different priorities and requirements from everyone else and if something is important to you, it will be important to us.
You will be given a thorough examination when you attend for your initial consultation so that we can find out how you move and where you have issues such as weak muscles, too much or too little movement in joints and how you move in your everyday life. If necessary, we will send you for further tests such as x-rays or scans. We will offer you a series of treatments appropriate to your problem and explain what we can do to help. We will work with you so that you understand why you have your pain and how you can change a few ways of moving so that you can prevent it from returning.
Integrated care means that we send letters to your GP along with the results of any tests, ultrasound or x-rays so that they are up to date with what has been happening to you and how you have responded to our care. If we have any concerns about your problem we will always collaborate with your GP so that your problem is understood by all.
Things You May Never Have Thought Of
You can have pain in a joint because you have injured that joint itself or it can be referred from your neck or back. You need to find out where the problem is coming from before you can be most effectively treated. It’s no good rubbing your shoulder if your problem is in your neck! It is also not a good idea to exercise to get fit if you are not moving properly – all that will do is to magnify the problem.
The Top Ten Reasons Why Patients Choose Charminster Chiropractic Clinic in Bournemouth
- Your care will be carefully considered and of high quality
- You will never be ‘on your own’ when you are in pain.
- Patients tell us that our treatment is exceptional
- You will only be treated as necessary
- You will be taught how to help yourself cope
- We will liaise with your GP and refer you if necessary
- Evidence based care
- Regular health advice is posted on our website
- On site parking
- Same day treatments
How We Will Fulfil Our Promises
- Treatment and advice is evidence based as much as we can make it.
- You will receive ongoing support throughout your programme of care as our treatment is always patient centred – we decide on a treatment regime after listening to what you – the patient – wants to achieve.
- We are regularly told that we have exceeded our patients’ expectations. We know this because we ask them regularly. This is because we are all passionate about the care we provide and how we provide it. We’re incredibly proud of our Clinic and the reputation it has in the Bournemouth community.
- Care is professional and ethical as we constantly strive to learn, develop and adapt depending on the most recent, best quality research.
- No unnecessary treatment because we will refer you on for further investigation if you are not improving with our care.
- When you are educated to understand your problem, you then gain control over it and learn to cope better with any recurrences so we teach our patients as much as possible about the implications of their problem in their everyday lives so that they make take an active role in their health.
- We make the time to call you to remind you if you have forgotten your appointment and we help your care by stocking ice packs, Flexall menthol painkilling rub and Therabands to help with your exercises. We can help you choose appropriate back or joint supports, arch supports etc all at competitive prices.