EVERYONE’S SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT TO US AT CHARMINSTER CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC and WITH THIS IN MIND WHEN WE OPEN THE CLINIC AGAIN TO PATIENTS: –
Once you have made an appointment:
- Please read the Covid-19 Consent Form below. You will need to arrive for your appointment 5 minutes early, go into Reception; pick up one of these forms; sign it and give to the Chiropractor in order for you to be treated.
- If you are in the ‘at risk group’, you are strongly advised NOT to receive care at this time but please contact your chiropractor to discuss.
On arrival at the practice, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Please wear a IIR mask for the duration of your visit to the clinic.
- Please do not wear cloth masks or scarves as they do not offer you as much protection.
- Based on government guidelines, we would recommend that you wear your own face covering.
- Enter the practice no sooner than five minutes before your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- For added protection we request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building.
- Please note that payments taken in the clinic will be cashless and using contactless card payments as often as possible.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment (or after payment).
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, coins or mobile phones) on any clinic surface; we ask that you either do not bring them into the clinic with you or do not take them out of your pockets.
- Unfortunately the toilet and bathroom will not be for patient use, please make sure you use the bathroom at home before you attend the clinic. You can sanitise your hands either with the hand sanitiser supplied in the waiting room.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic as we need all patients to leave as quickly as possible following their treatment and payment (receipts can be emailed if required).
We have implemented the following measures:
- We have increased the distances between chairs in the waiting room.
- There will be no magazines or any other paper in the reception area.
- We have increased the time between appointments to reduce the number of people in reception.
- We are providing hand sanitiser for you to use, in the reception area and treatment rooms.
- Our staff will be frequently sanitising work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine as well as between every patient visit.
- We are sanitising treatment beds between patients.
- Our chiropractors are taking extra precautionary measures themselves and are wearing the correct PPE, as advised by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association. This includes one time use masks, aprons and gloves
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow.
- If you are having a regular treatment then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- If you are a new patient then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 45 minutes.
YOU CANNOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IF –
Unfortunately at this time we cannot see you if you or someone in your household/under your care are in a higher risk group for complications from the virus. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to shield. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (for two weeks time)
If you, or someone in your household/under your care are self-isolating, or have any symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Flu like symptoms
- Loss of smell or taste
Other symptoms of COVID19 can be found at the link below.
CONSIDER RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you are an older person (over 70’s) with underlying health conditions.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Clinic and we will let you know when we are open again.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
COVID CONSENT FORM – YOU MUST READ THIS BEFORE YOU CAN BE TREATED
Before you visit please complete this form. Your chiropractor will prioritise your health and have the final say as to whether they accept you for treatment.
If you or anyone you live with has symptoms:
- High temperature – your chest or back feel hot (you don’t need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
Then do not come in and make sure you’re Self Isolating according to Government Guidance.
Consider the risk to you and others:
In some cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) the symptoms and complications are severe or even fatal. The safest place during this pandemic is at home. Every time you leave your home you increase the risk of catching or transmitting Covid-19. Please reflect on this before coming.
People at higher risk should have had a letter from the NHS asking them to “shield” for 12 weeks, for example you’ve had an organ transplant or are on chemotherapy. If this is you then you must speak to your chiropractor before coming in.
There’s also a larger group of people who are at moderate risk from coronavirus. These are people who:
- Aged over 70
- Are seriously overweight with a BMI of 40 or above (check at home if unsure)
- Have a long-term lung condition (such as COPD, bronchitis or emphysema)
- Have chronic heart, kidney or liver disease
- Have diabetes
- Have chronic neurological conditions (e.g. Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or MS)
- Have problems with your spleen (e.g. sickle cell)
- Have a weak immune system (e.g. HIV, AIDS, steroids, immunosuppressants or chemotherapy)
- Are pregnant
- DO NOT COME IF YOU SHOULD BE SELF ISOLATING DUE TO CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS
- Speak to your chiropractor before coming if you should be “shielding” for 12 weeks as per Government guidance
- Consider your personal risk factors before coming (e.g. aged 70 plus)
When coming the clinic please:
- DON’T bring unnecessary people with you into the clinic
- Thoroughly wash your hands (or hand sanitise) when you arrive
- Sit 2 metres apart in reception
- No cash please
- Avoid touching things unnecessarily when you are in the clinic
By signing below, I confirm that:
- I understand and agree to follow all the statements on this form
- I have considered the risk of transmission of Coronavirus as a result of attending the clinic and would like to attend
- I understand Charminster Chiropractic Clinic cannot accept responsibility for transmission of the Covid-19 should I become infected.
If you’ve got any concerns or questions at all, then call your chiropractor 01202 296756
- PLEASE NOTE: We are not currently accepting everyone. Your chiropractor will consider your personal risks and need for treatment. They will prioritise your health and have the final say as to whether they accept you for treatment.
Are You In Pain?
At Charminster Chiropractic Clinic near the centre of Bournemouth, our team of experienced chiropractors understand how pain can affect your enjoyment of your life, having successfully treated many thousands of patients over the past 30 years. We will help you to understand that back pain does not need to be a constant and recurrent major issue that affects your life, and with treatment your pain can be controlled to be a minor inconvenience that you do not fear. Together we can overcome your pain and your concerns.
How We Can Help You
You have probably visited this site because you experiencing back pain or is your problem neck pain and headaches?
At Charminster Chiropractic Clinic we understand just how much back, neck and joint pain can impact your life – from stopping you just moving around doing day to day activities to doing your job properly or you not being able to play sport or preventing you from enjoying playing with your children or grandchildren.
So many of our patients say that they wish they had come to see us sooner but they hadn’t realised how much relief they could get so quickly. They were often fearful that they would need lots of treatments and it would be too expensive.
We Treat More Than Just Back Pain
You might have other joint problems – shoulders, knees, hips, feet and ankles can all give you pain and interfere with your enjoyment of life and it doesn’t matter if you are young or old, you are prone to injure any joint at any time. We have the experience to help you to get rid of the pain in these joints but to also to show you how you can prevent the problem from returning.
Thanks for sorting out my neck. Great treatment keep up the good work.
Julie, Bournemouth, 56
What We Will Do For You
We will work with you as a team. We are here to listen to you and to find out why and how the pain you have is impacting your life and why it is important to you. We will never tell you to ‘Just give up doing what causes you pain’. We will work with you to try to enable you to be able to do what you want to do without ending up in pain every time.
We will never forget that you are an individual with different priorities and requirements from everyone else and if something is important to you, it will be important to us.
You will be given a thorough examination when you attend for your initial consultation so that we can find out how you move and where you have issues such as weak muscles, too much or too little movement in joints and how you move in your everyday life. If necessary, we will send you for further tests such as x-rays or scans. We will offer you a series of treatments appropriate to your problem and explain what we can do to help. We will work with you so that you understand why you have your pain and how you can change a few ways of moving so that you can prevent it from returning.
Integrated care means that we send letters to your GP along with the results of any tests, ultrasound or x-rays so that they are up to date with what has been happening to you and how you have responded to our care. If we have any concerns about your problem we will always collaborate with your GP so that your problem is understood by all.
Things You May Never Have Thought Of
You can have pain in a joint because you have injured that joint itself or it can be referred from your neck or back. You need to find out where the problem is coming from before you can be most effectively treated. It’s no good rubbing your shoulder if your problem is in your neck! It is also not a good idea to exercise to get fit if you are not moving properly – all that will do is to magnify the problem.
The Top Ten Reasons Why Patients Choose Charminster Chiropractic Clinic in Bournemouth
- Your care will be carefully considered and of high quality
- You will never be ‘on your own’ when you are in pain.
- Patients tell us that our treatment is exceptional
- You will only be treated as necessary
- You will be taught how to help yourself cope
- We will liaise with your GP and refer you if necessary
- Evidence based care
- Regular health advice is posted on our website
- On site parking
- Same day treatments
How We Will Fulfil Our Promises
- Treatment and advice is evidence based as much as we can make it.
- You will receive ongoing support throughout your programme of care as our treatment is always patient centred – we decide on a treatment regime after listening to what you – the patient – wants to achieve.
- We are regularly told that we have exceeded our patients’ expectations. We know this because we ask them regularly. This is because we are all passionate about the care we provide and how we provide it. We’re incredibly proud of our Clinic and the reputation it has in the Bournemouth community.
- Care is professional and ethical as we constantly strive to learn, develop and adapt depending on the most recent, best quality research.
- No unnecessary treatment because we will refer you on for further investigation if you are not improving with our care.
- When you are educated to understand your problem, you then gain control over it and learn to cope better with any recurrences so we teach our patients as much as possible about the implications of their problem in their everyday lives so that they make take an active role in their health.
- We make the time to call you to remind you if you have forgotten your appointment and we help your care by stocking ice packs, Flexall menthol painkilling rub and Therabands to help with your exercises. We can help you choose appropriate back or joint supports, arch supports etc all at competitive prices.